The Zambia Law Development Commission (ZLDC) is a statutory body established under the Zambia Law Development Commission Act No. 11 of 1996, Chapter 32 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following vacant positions:-
Under the supervision of the Director
- To manage the Commission’s Finance section
- To supervise provision of management accounts timely and accurately as required
- To prepare monthly cash flow statements
- To prepare performance reports for management planning, control and decision making.
- To develop and maintain effective accounting systems which are appropriate for the requirements of the Commission to meet its objectives.
- To authorize all payments that fall within petty cash ensuring that payments are budgeted for to ensure a sound liquidity position for the Commission.
- To supervise timely preparation of budgets and work plans each year and to monitorCommission expenses to ensure that they adhere to budgets and public finance regulations.
- To supervise and facilitate timely preparation of the payroll and payment of all statutory obligations.
- To prepare and file Annual Tax Returns.
- To ensure that all routine accounting and administrative duties are performed effectively and efficiently by subordinates (Accounts staff)
- To design and install appropriate administrative systems that provide for accountability and secure the Commission’s assets including maintenance of the Commission’s fixed assets register and to ensure accountability, serviceability and usability.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Director.
- Form V/Grade 12 school certificate with 5 O Levels including English and Mathematics
- Full ACCA or full CIMA, Bachelor of Accountancy or ZICA Professional certificate plus 5 years relevant work experience at senior level
Personal Skills or Attributes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Trustworthiness and integrity
- Risk Management Skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Proven ability to manage and direct other staff
- A member of ZICA
- To take shorthand dictation, transcribe and type correspondence, reports or other documents coming from the Director’s Office
- To check the Director’s dairy, ensuring that the Director is aware of any appointments, or other schedule engagements for the day or week
- To ensure that the Director’s desk and office are clean and tidy
- To receive and sort out mail and other documents for the attention of the Director, reply to routine correspondence, which the job is authorized, and ensure that the rest of the mail gets the attention of the Director
- To maintain an effective filing system for the office in a manner that facilitates quick access to records or information for the Director
- To receive and screen visitors and phone calls to the Director, determining the nature of the visit/call and direct them accordingly to appropriate officers to minimize unnecessary interruptions of the Director’s duties.
- To arrange and attend management and other meetings, conferences as requested to do so to take minutes.
- To make travel and accommodationarrangements for the Director and Commissioners Board in collaboration with the Accounts Department.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Director from time to time.
- To supervise staff attached to the Director’s office.
- To prepare draft reports and papers on submissions for the Director’s consideration.
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Shorthand speed 90/120WPM
- Typing speed 65WMP
- Diploma in Secretarial and Office Management ECZ/TEVETA
Advantages & Personal Skills
- Ability to work well with Microsoft offices packages
- Ability to utilize and navigate electronic media
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
All interested persons should send their applications together with their detailed CVs and copies of education and professional credentials with three references to:
Zambia Law Development Commission
Plot No. 26F Cheetah Road, Kabulonga
P O Box 34670
Closing date for receiving applications is 14th June, 2021 at 12:30 hours. Late applications will not be accepted.